Many Mompreneurs are balancing being a mom, a wife, a friend, an employee (in some cases), and an entrepreneur. With all of these demands on them, it’s no wonder that many mompreneurs devote very little, if any, time for themselves.
While you may be able to survive for some time fulfilling the needs of everyone else in your life, you won’t last long without taking time for yourself. Our bodies need time to rejuvenate in order to give our best performance and to maintain health. So, in honor of mompreneurs everywhere, here are my Top 5 Savvy rejuvenating activities for moms:
5. Day at the Gym. Okay, so you may be thinking that exercising isn’t your first pick for relaxation. But the endorphins released from at least 30 minutes of regular, aerobic exercise is sure to improve your mood, boost your energy level, and help you maintain your goal weight. So if you want to feel better, have more energy, and maybe even prolong your life, then start exercising. Source: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ01676
4. Thirty-one Purses. Shopping can be great therapy. For those of you who love a great purse or multi-functional bag, this brand of purses will overwhelm you with choices. From signature purses to home accents, you are sure to find something to fit your taste and style. Source: http://thirtyonegifts.com.
3. Spa Day. For me, there’s nothing better than a great manicure, pedicure, facial and a relaxing massage. This quiet time can help you refocus while releasing tension and stress. Spend the time with a friend or go solo. Either way, you are sure to enjoy this treat.
2. Great Skincare. Putting your best face forward does not only mean having great makeup, but also ensuring you have luxury skin care products that change your skin from the inside, out. Be sure to choose a product that’s designed to deliver the right medicines, in the right formulations, in the right order to transform your skin. Source: http://rodanandfields.com
1. Mommy Day. This can be a full day, half a day, or at least 2 – 3 hours of pure “me” time. Ask the hubby, a relative or friend to watch the kids and spend the time doing only those things that rejuvenate and build you up. It might be a trip to the mall, the spa, the library or your favorite park. Whatever you choose!
Choose from this list or create your own ways to rejuvenate. You’ll find that doing this on a regular basis will help you perform all of your many Savvy Mompreneur roles better.