Let’s face it. Working from home can be challenging. Although the rewards are great, it’s tempting to get stuck in the dark side of owning a home business. But dwelling on the negative is not a recipe for success. It’s by looking for the positive, the lesson, the blessings in our current situation that we are able to grow, change, and experience success.
So what can you be thankful for when your home business is at a stand-still, or you’re having to put it more hours than you’d like, or your income is too unpredictable to make plans, or (you fill in the blanks)? Here are 10 things to start your list of reasons your business is a blessing:
- You get to be at home. You’re at least at home with your kids or your family members. That is a blessing. You have an opportunity to be there for your family when they need you. That’s a gift that should never be taken for granted.
- You are your own boss. No more feeling guilty for taking time off. You get to set your hours and grant yourself motivating rewards. You now have the ability to be the boss you’ve always wanted for the greatest employee you’ll ever have – YOU!
- You have the opportunity to use your passions and skills to make money. If your home business is within the area of your passion or you’re using a skill you’ve mastered, then you are able to experience an inner fulfillment as you earn an income from home.
- You are privy to great tax advantages. Working from home allows you access to certain tax advantages such as deductions of business expenses and lowering your tax amount.
- You have the opportunity to learn new things. Running a business from home can require research and continual development of your knowledge. This is a great opportunity to expand your mind by learning new things.
- You increase your network. If you plan to effectively market your business, then you already know the importance of building your network of support as well as potential clients. Whether networking online or off, you are able to build trusting relationships with others inside and outside your niche.
- You set a great example for your kids. If you want to raise savvy little entrepreneurs, then working from home is a great way to begin. By watching you manage your work and spend quality time with them, you kids can begin to model what they see.
- You gain experience. Just by trying, whether we succeed or fail, we gain valuable lessons from the experience. These lessons can help us, as well as others who come behind us.
- You fulfill your calling. By identifying your strengths, skills and passions, you can learn which career path you should follow. And when you work in your strengths, you will find the greatest fulfillment.
- You can bless others. Using your business as a platform to help others is the fastest and surest path to personal fulfillment and ultimately success. When you seek to meet others’ needs first, you will find that you will bless others and your business will grow.
Keep your list going. Add 10…20…40 more items that you are grateful for, and soon you’ll discover that, though it may be challenging at times, working from home can also be your greatest blessing.
Want some free coaching? List your biggest business challenge or pressing question in the comments section below and I’ll be sure to answer it. I also invite all of you savvy minds to chime in as well.